Week 5 reading :)

WALT show a developing understanding of ideas across the texts

Hello guys!

Since I usually read in Ruru, I had a different create task than the Kereru Readers. The create task was to watch the trailers for some movies, and then use your knowledge and create a movie trailer about your journal. My journal story was called The Short Cut and it was about a boy and his mum going to the United States to meet up with some friends. All the characters in the trailer are played by me. I hope you like it, and get a good laugh out of it. 😆 😀 (Sorry if the bakery scene glitches a bit. It’s because I removed the background of the picture of me)

Here was my plan for it:

This story was about a boy called Elliot who goes to the USA with his mum to meet up with his friend Sean. When they meet them at the airport, they take off straight away and go to see Bryce Canyon.  They get some food at a bakery, and the baker gives them a shortcut. “It’s really beautiful and it will save you about 100 kilometres.” He says.  They take his advice and take the shortcut. But it doesn’t go exactly as planned…

3 thoughts on “Week 5 reading :)

1. Hello Austin, I really like how you made the trailer because you added in different places for each one.
    But maybe next time you could say if you thought that this was fun or not.
    -Hannah

2. Hello Austin (its your sister speaking)
    I really like your trailer to the movie the short cut it was really interesting but maybe next time you could write the WALT!!! From Brenna! Bye.😀